Women Deliver’s conferences have become some of the world’s biggest global convenings to focus on the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. The third Women Deliver conference is held in Copenhagen, Denmark, from 16-19 May 2016, and will bring together world leaders, advocates, policymakers, journalists, young people, researchers, and leaders of corporate companies and civil society to showcase what it means and how it works when girls and women become the focus of development efforts. It will be the largest gathering on girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing in more than a decade and one of the first major global conferences following the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The focus of the conference will be on how to implement the SDGs so they matter most for girls and women, with a specific focus on health – in particular maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights – and on gender equality, education, environment, and economic empowerment.
Participation at the Women Deliver 2016 Conference provides journalists with opportunities to interact with the thousands of attendees and cover the issues, solutions, high level participation, research findings, and more. There will be access to all on-site media activities, including a press workroom, media forum, daily press conferences, and all conference press materials.
A media scholarship will include:
- Conference registration
- Roundtrip economy class airline travel between your home airport and Copenhagen, Denmark, which will be arranged by Women Deliver’s travel provider
- Reimbursement of the fees to acquire a new visa as required to enter Denmark (In order to obtain reimbursement, you will be required to present a receipt at the conference. Women Deliver will not pay any fees associated with obtaining new passports or renewing expired passports.)
- $50 for ground transportation to and from the airport within your home country and round trip ground transportation between the Copenhagen airport and your hotel (arrangements will be made by Women Deliver and will require the use of mass transportation)
- Overnight accommodations at a hotel selected by Women Deliver in Copenhagen for the duration of the conference
- $50 per diem, per night stayed at the hotel to attend the conference (per diems will not include any extended stays)
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
If you have any questions, please email WD2016Media@globalhealthstrategies.com.
The deadline to apply for a media scholarship is 31 August 2015 at 5pm EST.