DIGNITY is an independent nongovernmental anti-torture organization founded in 1982 in Denmark. DIGNITY is present in more than 20 partner countries with more than thirty years of experience in the rehabilitation of torture and organized violence survivors, in the prevention of torture and in the prevention of urban violence.
In January 2012, DIGNITY opened an office in Tunisia to look after an extensive support programme for Tunisian State stakeholders (Ministry of Justice and Civil Society) through cooperation partnerships comprising 3 axes. One axis of prevention, combatting torture and access to justice, an axis for the rehabilitation of the survivors of torture and recently an axis of urban violence prevention.
As one of the strategic partners of the Danish-Arab Partnership Program, funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, DIGNITY is in the second phase of its five-year MENA program (2017-2021). In Tunisia, DIGNITY will continue its engagement with civil society on the rehabilitation of torture, the monitoring of places of detention, the identification of victims of torture and the documentation of torture, as well as with the Ministry of Justice on strengthening the capacity of the judiciary specifically in the issue of custody.
As a Project Officer your primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of DIGNITY plans of action and projects on the rehabilitation, prevention of urban violence and prevention of torture;
- Leading the timely and quality implementation of the assigned projects by following up with partners and following the approved plan of action.
- Assess needs in the field of prevention of torture in Tunisia and develop concept notes responding to findings of conducted assessments;
- Manage the day to day projects activities by developing a follow up plan, implantation plan, yearly activities plan and yearly budget;
- Collaborating in preparing and facilitation thematic trainings for partners and state actors and civil society;
- Coordinating with colleagues at headquarters to prepare activities;
- Finalizing reports of monthly and thematic activities;
- Other tasks to be assigned by the Head of Mission.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- A Master’s degree in international human rights, social work, international affairs, sociology, or any related field;
- Knowledge of Tunisian civil society and political human rights context;
- Experience in research and analysis as part of research assignments on specific legal issues;
- Experience in communicating with a wide range of actors, including lawmakers and policymakers, criminal justice administrators and civil society is desirable;
- Experience in working for international organisations on development is desirable;
- Experience in coordinating projects is desirable, especially with civil society;
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French;
The position is based in DIGNITY, Tunis with few travel in the region.
DIGNITY guarantees a competitive salary, depending on seniority and experience, comparable to what is offered for similar positions in international NGOs in Tunisia.
Deadline for application is no later than August 15th, 2019.
For more information on DIGNITY, please visit our website: https://dignity.dk/en/