Duration: One-year contract with possibility of extension
Starting: As soon as possible
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights’ salary scale, based on years of experience
Pre-requisite: Valid working permit in Denmark (or alternatively in Belgium)
Application deadline: 30 August 2020, midnight CET
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic professional Fundraising and Grants Coordinator based in EuroMed Rights headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, s/he will play a key role in ensuring financial sustainability of EuroMed Rights Strategy through developing and executing a fundraising strategy and through implementing income generation activities. The Fundraising and Grants Coordinator will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationship with key donors and for ensuring compliance of our contractual obligations in close cooperation with our program staff.
Essential position functions:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy – incl. developing and implementing short, mid, and long-term fundraising plans
- Assess the fundraising landscape and develop propositions to effectively attract and engage new Donors (institutional donors and private foundations)
- Coordinate, manage, and support all fundraising activities of EuroMed Rights, write funding proposals
- Build collaboration with and advise the Management Team on relationship building and fundraising opportunities
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and provide reporting and analysis to assess effectiveness of fundraising,
- Assure appropriate prospect research, cultivation and retention activities and maintenance of donor and prospect records management systems
- Represent EMR to external stakeholders, partners, donors and prospects
- Grant Management:
- Build and maintain good long-term relations with current and potential donors
- Ensure compliance of all contractual obligations towards key donors and consortium partners and support and coordinate closely with programme staff
- Develop and negotiate MoUs, partners agreements and donor contracts, incl. relevant modifications and amendments in coordination with Finance controllers and Project Managers
- Collect and file essential grant documentation incl., important email communications
- Ensure full understanding of specific grant regulations by other departments
- Monitor and ensure compliance with donor award conditions
Profile, skills and background
- Relevant education and at least 3 years of relevant work experience with institutional fundraising, proposal writing, grant management and donor relations
- Knowledge of the NGO sector (preferably at an international level)
- Knowledge and interest in human rights issues in the Euro-Mediterranean region and MENA
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and French. Knowledge of Danish or Arabic, will be considered as an asset
- Excellent command of communication tools and skills in drafting with clarity, conciseness and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain contacts with donors and stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 30 August 2020. The application should include the following documents:
- A CV;
- A cover letter of maximum 1 page.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
About EuroMed Rights:
EuroMed Rights was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights’ organisational structure is built on a general assembly, an executive committee, working groups and a secretariat.
Rooted in civil society, the Network seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the Euro-Mediterranean region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region, the Barcelona process and other EU-Arab cooperation frameworks.
EuroMed Rights’ head office is situated in Copenhagen. The organisation also has offices in Brussels and Tunis. For further information, visit our website at www.euromedrights.org
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.