In the coming years, ActionAid Denmark (AADK) will grow significantly as an organization. In 2022, we will be 30.000 members, more volunteers and more stakeholders, who will engage in our visions about a more just and sustainable world. We are an ambitious organization with a team of dedicated professionals, who together with the ActionAid Federation consistently are working on creating change in 45 countries throughout the world. You can be a part of making this a reality and become a part of one of the sharpest civil society organizations in Denmark, as announced by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This position is part of the International Programme & Policy Team. The International Programme & Policy team is responsible for coordinating the continued development of our programmes (CIV, HUM, EU, DAPP, etc) and the fundraising for, management and coordination of thematically focused programmes that i) connect local to national, regional and global as well as vice versa, ii) provide clear development of better policies, youth-led alternatives and global influencing within our thematic focus areas, iii) support youth organizing initiatives and new ways of working, iv) provide and utilize ongoing programme learning and capacity.
The Danish Arab Partnership programme (DAPP) is implemented by our ActionAid partner in Jordan with a strong focus on strengthening youth and their proactive engagement in society, youth networking, organizing and influencing.
Being Programme Manager for DAPP:
Your days will be divided between many tasks, which can roughly be categorized in three areas; strong thematic and administrative country programme management, professional thematic input on federation and international level and support in ensuring non-Danida fundraising across the organisation.
Programme management and administration
- Provide technical input into and coordinate the continued development of country programmes in close collaboration with ActionAid Country Offices and other ActionAid DK teams
- Responsible for coordinating country programme groups and focal point for formal communication with ActionAid countries, as well as some media work
- Provide technical inputs to the thematic programmes (country and global levels) including implementation and monitoring progress
- Coordinate and provide technical input into the development of annual plans and budgets and disbursements of funds
- Grants administration, incl. ensuring quality input to Danida reporting, coordination of country reviews with strong learning and accountability focus
Partake in international Action Aid thematic work (IPs):
- Participate in relevant IP working group and provide technical inputs to relevant meetings and other Federation events
- Share Federation thematic information with relevant IPP colleagues and AADK teams
- Ensure implementation of the AADK Global programmes in general
- Participation in NGO fora and relevant Conferences
Support to non-DANIDA funded programmes:
- In close coordination with the AADK Institutional fundraiser, other AADK teams and relevant AACOs provide technical inputs to development of new proposals
- Write parts of relevant proposals
Our new colleague has:
- Experience with the DAPP programme and working with a partnership approach.
- National and international advocacy experience.
- Experience from having lived and worked in a development country and experience with development of larger development programmes, including facilitating the participation of multiple stakeholders.
- Solid experience with programme- and project cycle management and strong financial management skills.
- Experience with reporting to institutional donors, such as DANIDA, EU etc.
- Relevant knowledge within the thematic areas of participatory democracy, gender responsive public services financed through progressive taxation, rights and resilience in protracted crises and Economic Opportunities and Decent Work for Young people.
- Some knowledge of Arabic.
- Have excellent communication-, coordination as well as networking- and facilitation skills.
- Possess a good cultural understanding and the ability to build confidence and trust with relevant partners.
- Have strong conviction of the benefits of continuous learning within the programme and the organisation.
- Find it helpful to adhere to standards and you plan your work based on the tools available (yearly wheel etc.).
- Are a team player; for us that means you are open to the opinions of others, helpful, not afraid to take on new tasks and supportive of your colleagues.
- Have a good portion of humour and are not afraid of directing that at yourself.
We offer you:
- An 8-year fixed-term appointment based in Denmark with flexible working hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and work-life is possible.
- A comprehensive compensation package where salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the agreement between ActionAid Denmark and Danish labor unions. An obligatory pension scheme is a part of the package, as well as salary supplements for fixed-terms and managers. Different terms and conditions could apply if the position would be based outside of Denmark.
- A shared organic and vegetarian lunch arrangement.
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues.
- A young, informal and dynamic working environment characterized by a modern management culture and cooperation across the organization.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please write HR partner Christina Vitale, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need further information regarding the job, please write Head of International Programme and Policy, Lisbeth Petersen, email@example.com.
See more about working in AADK here: www.ms.dk/job.
Read more about our new strategy here: https://www.ms.dk/dokumenter/strategier
Application deadline: September 16th 2019 at midnight Danish time (CET)
First interviews are expected to be conducted September 20th, second interviews on the 24th.
Expected start date: November 1st.
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, so please use the link below to submit your application.