DIGNITY is an independent nongovernmental anti-torture organization founded in 1982 in Denmark. DIGNITY is present in more than 20 partner countries with more than thirty years of experience in the rehabilitation of torture and organized violence survivors, in the prevention of torture and in the prevention of urban violence.
In January 2012, DIGNITY opened an office in Tunisia to look after an extensive support programme for Tunisian State stakeholders (Ministry of Justice and Civil Society) through cooperation partnerships comprising 3 axes. One axis of prevention, combatting torture and access to justice, an axis for the rehabilitation of the survivors of torture and recently an axis of urban violence prevention.
DIGNITY Tunisia is looking for an engaged and motivated “senior programme coordinator” to manage its program in the Tunisia and Algeria and with possible activities in other MENA countries. The post holder should contribute and shape the programmatic implementation of DIGNITY strategy in the region.
As a senior programme coordinator your primary duties and responsibilities include:
Representation and coordination
- Represent dignity with partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with stakeholders around agreed thematic meetings
- Be part of the HRDC coordination meetings
- Identify synergy opportunities with partners, stakeholders and other actors in the field of human rights and related topics such as tortute, illtreattment, urban violence
- Develop the yearly work plan in close coordination with regional program director and projects leads
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the agreed activities
- Supervise partners’ projects design, implementation
- Coordinate capacity building plan for partners with relevant expert from HQ
- Finalize monthly activities reports
- Draft donors semi annual reports
- Review monitoring inputs using DIGNITY’s too such as Outcome Harvesting
- Participate in designing concept notes and proposals before submission to donors
- Supervise the program team based in Tunisia
- Develop the team capacity building plan
- Identify human resources team needs
- Set the team objectives with a close coaching of performance
- Continuous analysis of context and suggestion to management on advocacy messages
- Give input that impact the strategy and theory of change
- Facilitate review of annual program workshops
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- a Master’s degree in international human rights, social work, international affairs, sociology, or any related field;
- 10 years of experience in human rights or related topics management;
- experience in strategy development for Non-governmental organisations;
- experience in high level representation and advocacy;
- knowledge of Tunisian and regional civil society and political human rights context;
- experience in project cycle management;
- proven experience in research and analysis as part of research assignments on human rights issues;
- experience in communicating with a wide range of actors, including lawmakers and policymakers, criminal justice administrators and civil society is desirable;
- experience in working for international organisations on development is desirable;
- fluency in Arabic, English and French.
A short term contract (CDD) as per Tunisian law and cover private insurance.
We work from Monday to Friday from 9h00 to 17h00 and expect flexibility when needed.
The post holder who will report to the Head of Mission will be based in Tunis with frequent missions in North Africa.
DIGNITY guarantees a competitive salary, depending on seniority and experience, comparable to what is offered for similar positions in international NGOs in Tunisia.
How to apply
Deadline for application is no later than 3 May 2020.
Please apply through the link.
We expect to conduct interviews on 3rd week of May 2020.
DIGNITY – Danish Institute Against Torture is a self-governing institution independent of party politics, and it is the biggest center of its kind in the world. DIGNITY is organized in three broad themes: Rehabilitation, Detention and Urban Violence. In all three areas we undertake interventions and we do research. Additional information regarding DIGNITY’s activities can be obtained through the webpage http://www.dignity.dk