The Danish Institute for Human Rights is currently implementing a programme under the Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP) in Jordan and is looking for a proactive and experienced senior project manager and adviser to facilitate the programme implementation on the ground. The DAPP programme is supporting the improvement of the human rights system in Jordan and is implemented with state and non-state actors with human rights mandates in Jordan.
You will be supporting the implementation of the the DAPP programme by engaging with both national partners such as the Jordan National Centre for Human Rights and the governmental focal point for human rights and key external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
As part of the job you will:
- Provide technical input into and coordinate the continued development of country engagement in close collaboration with the team leader, country adviser and the DAPP team.
- Coordinate and provide technical input into the development of annual work plans and budgets.
- Facilitate the implementation of the programme activities with key partners in compliance with the Institute’s procedures for project management and administration including monitoring, narrative reporting, budgeting and accounting.
- Develop training and capacity building activities and tools in cooperation with the partners in collaboration with the country adviser.
- Establish and maintain a regular dialogue with key partners and stakeholders on project implementation and outcomes.
- Represent the project internally and externally and maintain close cooperation and communication with our partners.
- Enlarge the Institute‘s network in Jordan.
- Ensure that the monitoring of project results is based on the “outcome harvesting” method.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a candidate who speaks both English and Arabic, has knowledge of the international human rights system and is conversant in dealing with public authorities, as well as international and multinational organisations, in Jordan.
- You have minimum 6-8 years of proven professional experience working with human rights or state actors in a development context, preferably in the Middle East and North Africa.
- You preferably hold a MA in human rights, international affairs, law or political science and have several years of direct experience from a similar position e.g. from the UN or a similar organisation.
- You have good diplomatic skills, with a personal drive that is reinforced when given the opportunity to make your mark.
- You work independently, structured and with a service-minded approach and you can multi-task.
- You have experience in project management including strategic planning, implementation, budget monitoring, narrative and financial reporting and monitoring of activities.
- You have experience in capacity building of state actors in particular actors with a mandate to protect and promote human rights.
- You have good communications skills, both verbally and in writing, both in English and Arabic.
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills and the related ability to adaptively manage with prompt action on the conclusion and recommendations coming out from the project’s regular monitoring and self-assessment activities.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience in developing partnerships and interacting with state partners.
- You have excellent experience in being part of a dynamic and engaged team.
- You are a natural networker and can engage with all layers of government.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Terms and conditions are dependent on the successful candidate’s competencies, qualifications and prior experience and are subject to negotiation upon offer of appointment. The duration of the contract is mid/end 2022 with a possibility of extension.
We wish to occupy this position as soon as possible. Send your application and CV using the link on this page.
The deadline for applications is 20 October 2020 at 12:00 (GMT+1).
The Danish Institute for Human Rights appreciates diversity in the workplace. If qualified, we strongly encourage you to apply for the position.
For more information about the position, please contact Amal Loubani at email@example.com.