International Media Support (IMS) is a non-profit organisation working to support media in countries affected by armed conflict, human insecurity and political transition. Across four continents, IMS helps to strengthen professional journalism and ensure that media can operate in challenging circumstances.
In the MENA region, we work with partners in Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Palestine, and elsewhere to further the safety of journalists and promote media reform, build institutions and develop media content
The primary tasks of the Assistant Programme Manager are to assist Programme Managers in all steps of Programme Cycle Management and in organizing training, workshops and other activities in MENA. Furthermore, the Assistant Programme Manager will coordinate partner relations and contact (projects, contracts, preparation of payments and finalization of accounts) and organize travel and logistics related to programme activities. In addition, the Assistant Programme Manager will also assist on global MENA budget and financial management.
The Assistant Programme Manager will occasionally travel to programme countries to support local partners in administrative issues/undertake financial capacity building/training.
The Assistant Programme Manager will refer to the Head of the MENA Department.
- Prepare and follow up on financial and administrative issues related to the handling of partner contracts, including preparation of budgets, transfer of funds, controlling of accounts and audits
- Assist on elaboration and budgeting of programme proposals
- Elaborate and follow up on project contracts in English
- Assist on global MENA department budgeting, expenses analysis and department follow-up
- Coordinate events and travel logistics
- Travel occasionally to programme countries to assist partners in their financial and administrative setup and compliance checks
- Relevant educational background in e.g. accounting, finance or administration and/or at least 3 years of relevant experience are a prerequisite
- Knowledge and experience of accounting and financial control procedures in relation to project and/or department administration
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic at a business level is a prerequisite
- Excellent command of Excel (pivot tables)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV will be considered an asset
- Experience working with international donors compiling financial and narrative reports and adhering to donor guidelines will be considered an asset
- Strong team working skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once while working independently
- Strong interdisciplinary and intercultural team-working skill
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- Strong attention to order and detail.
IMS provides a fast-paced work environment with colleagues and partners in and from many corners of the world. Our working language is English. As Assistant Programme Manager in the MENA department you will be part of a team of about 20 committed colleagues.
Everyone with the required qualifications and skills is encouraged to apply, regardless of sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Duration and location
The APM position is 37 h/week. Compensation commensurate with experience and IMS policies. Duty station: IMS headquarters, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please submit a brief written application and curriculum vitae in English no later than 1st October 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview. Interviews with selected candidates will take place during the first half of October 2020.
For further information about IMS please visit www.mediasupport.org.